Tuesday, August 7, 2012

After 8 years it's finally here

8 years ago, in 2004 this was one of the radio commercials you could hear on your radio while you were playing GTA San Andreas:


The script:
Man: What happens when five eligible bachelors welcome a little girl into their lives? 
Gina: Hey!  It’s my turn into the bathroom! 
(canned laughter)
Man: Non-stop hilarity!  "My Five Uncles."  The sitcom with a lot of heart.
Uncle 1: Hey Gina. Welcome to your new home.  You sleep in here, and we all sleep in there.
Gina: Uck.  Whatever.  Does anyone have something to smoke?
(canned laughter)
Man: it’s the show that shows family values exist even in unconventional families.
(knocking)
Gina: Uh, what are you guys doing in there?
Uncles (together): We’re just flossing, dear!
(canned laughter)
Man: It’s a brand new show taking hilarious comedy in a whole new funny direction!
Gina: I don’t get it.  Why don’t any of you guys have a steady girlfriend? 
(canned laughter)
Man: And they learn some lessons about life and love along the way.
Uncle 2: Come on guys, group hug.
Gina: I’m an emotionally abused orphan.  Can’t I get in on any of these group hugs? 
Uncle 3: No, you stupid bitch!
(canned laughter)
Man: My Five Uncles. Thursday nights on LSBC

Now is it just me, or this new series on NBC was really created based on this fictional radio spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment