Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My antique hamburger press

eBay is an awesome place! You'll find whatever you're looking for.

And I was looking for a hamburger press.

Our local farmer's market has a burger patty named Cowboy Burger. It's made of ground beef (of course), jalapeño and cheese. I feel the size of the patty a little too big and the price a little too high. So I thought with a burger press, I could make my own patties, and I could even vary the ingredients the way I want (sometimes it's a little bit too much on the spicy side).

So I was looking on Google if somewhere around me I could buy one from the store. According to Google I couldn't so I started with the online options. Once I've found some at Home Depot, Target and Walmart, I looked if I could get something similar but cheaper on eBay. I don't mind if it comes from Hong Kong, I can wait.

And I run into this one:

This is a burger press from probably the 50's or 60's still in its unopened package! Cost less than a new plastic one from Shanghai. So I decided to buy this all American vintage kitchen equipment over the new plastic ones. I feel kinda guilty for even thinking of opening the package! It might be even older than my parents...

Now I can start looking up hamburger patty recipes. The weather is definitely ready for grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment