Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pimp my car - Stage 1

Having my first car with a V engine it bothered me very much, that I only have exhaust pipe. As a European even a V6 engine counts as luxury and you need to show off!

But Dodge decided that for the 2.7L V6 on the Charger one tail pipe will be enough. I guess they thought that not many people will buy this edition, and they didn't even bother to get a separate bumper for this one. So I ended up with a missing left pipe, and to remind me constantly there was the cut out for the missing pipe on the bumper.

I was looking for a solution, and I found Blastin' Bob where I not only found a problem of my missing exhaust pipe but I could also show off my car a little. The Charger (just like the 300C that was I think meant to be somewhat elegant) is asking for modification. And the possibilities are countless. So I got my first upgrade:


These simply put a Y pipe after the resonator and eliminate the muffler, giving a nice V8 sound to the 'tiny' V6 engine. I went with the 10dB version. I was hesitating between the 12dB and the 10dB and I ended up with the quieter one.

Luckily! It's loud enough! It has a nice deep calming drone around 2000rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear, but otherwise not loud much. At least this is how I hear from the cockpit. I bet from outside the experience is a bit different. I realize when I roll down the window :D

I was lazy to make videos, there's already a lot on YouTube. This one is pretty much sums up the driver's experience:


A couple of things I don't have to worry about any more:
  • Blind people accidentally trying to cross the road in front of me.
  • Children running after their balls not checking if a car comes.
  • Blind spots of other vehicles.
  • Let my neighbors oversleep.
  • When I tailgate a slow vehicle in the left lane and the driver doesn't recognize me because of not checking the rear view mirror.
  • There's nothing good on the radio and being bored of all my CDs.
Now I can start saving money for having my windows tinted and get some nice shiny black and chrome rims :D

No comments:

Post a Comment