Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Americanized

Stan Smith, from American Dad!
My favorite show :)
A bit more than a year passed by, and I started to wonder how much I got Americanized.

I'm driving a gas guzzler from Detroit (well, 26 hwy mpg counts as gas guzzling today, and Detroit means partially made in Mexico and Canada...). I listen to the local classic rock station on the radio in my car. I like the fact that they don't repeat a single song a day! I like grilling and I make pretty good burgers. I take care of my backyard and I mow the lawn frequently. I wash my own car. And my wife's. I like detailing them, too. I like to pop a bear can in the evenings (well, light beer from Miller, it's California... Only 64 kcal a can... Doesn't taste much as beer...). I work out and run regularly. I've developed small-talking skills. I try to find a parking spot closer to the mall entrance, and I'm ready to spend more time on this than the actual extra walking would have take. I worked in a cube, but now I have an office. Corner office, with a view on the soccer field. I have an office mate, that shows I'm not an executive. Yet... :D

I learned that 'How are you doing' and 'How's it going' don't mean any more than 'Hello'. I doesn't disturb be as much any more.

I have a 401k plan and a stock trade account. I have checking and savings accounts and credit cards.

I watch my credit score. It's getting worse by each month :D

One thing missing is improving my football watching, it seams much more exciting then soccer. But first I should somehow understand that rules. Wikipedia was not helping.

The other thing missing is kids. So my wife can take them to school and in the evening I help them with their homework. And that I can open a collage fund for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment