Tuesday, June 5, 2012

After 5 weeks, finally under 220lbs

After 5 weeks, this morning the scale showed a number under 220lbs. 219lbs to be exact. Finally!

Why it's going down so slow? Mainly because I jeopardize my diet over the weekends. Memorial day weekend we went on a trip, so we ate at Denny's. If you don't know Denny's, then the most important thing about this restaurant chain is, that all the foods are delicious, rich in 'energy' (aka. calories), super-american-diner-dishes (burger, bacon, eggs, sausage, cheese, pancake, waffle...). Each local restaurant has a dozen of really really fat regular customers from which at least one is always there when you step in. Just to remind you not to come too often. So we ate there, and whatever I ordered didn't have the word 'fit' in it, so it was definitely over 1000kcal. Yummy! 'Fit' items are below 550kcal.

On the other hand, the weather turns to be the real Northern-Cali weather: warm, sunny, not too hot with some nice breeze. It makes you spend the whole weekend in your backyard. And if you're there you're gonna grill. And if you fire up the grill, then you won't be BBQin' just one slice of meat! That thing is hot the whole afternoon, and you keep putting stuff on it until the fire goes out, and you eat everything that comes off, too! If you haven't tried it yet, do it just once. You'll be hooked immediately. I never understood people's obsession about grillin' before, but I'm sharing it now!

So to make up for all this, instead of going only on the weekdays to the gym I'm adding a weekend morning to the stack: 60 minutes on the elliptic, plus cool down. After that I don't have to rush to work, so I can enjoy the steam and hot tub of my gym I'm paying extra $10 for each month with the upgraded membership to the higher level clubs. (It's still freakin' cheap: $49.99 a month, unlimited admission.)

That's over 6 miles and 1000kcal in 1 hour!
I need to say thanks to my wife though, who's guarding the fridge every evening like an amazon! Because it seems to be true, that eating anything for dinner is the sneaky little bastard here. If you don't have dinner, but just like a bowl of baby carrots (45kcal and full stomach, and after 2 weeks you'll hate them but still keep eating them as there's no other choice), that seems to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment