Monday, May 7, 2012

The fight begins

In the last 1.5, almost 2 years since we moved to the US, I gained about 30-35lbs. Since my biceps are bigger too, let's give the optimistic estimate of gaining around 5lbs in pure muscle. That still leaves me with 25-30lbs of pure fat. At least.

The strange thing is that I consider myself leading a quite healthy lifestyle: fast food restaurant not more than once a month, chips or crackers occasionally only, processed food intake is mostly limited to macaroni sauce, ketchup etc., no soda (only 0 calorie diet ones), no pizza, Swiss cheese etc. I also go the gym 5 times a week and I working out straight 60 minutes each time.

Still I have the unique ability of gaining 15lbs in a day just by having a big lunch (one big whole chicken tight rice and cucumber salad, it's definitely less that 15lbs!)...

I start to share the opinion of conspiracy theories. The ones we all know so well from 'documentaries'. The difference between me and them is that they are blaming the government. I think the government has little to do with this as it is so powerless. Money rules everything in capitalism; even the government itself. I strongly believe that behind the scenes the food industry has a pact with the medicine industry: one makes us sick the other one heals us. Both costs us, the victims, money! Cholesterol pills, dietary supplements, and of course food and organic food. Know the difference between food and food products (from which term the 'by-' in front of 'products' was graciously left out. Yepp, food product = food by-product.)! Vicious cycle, isn't it!

So from today on I'll start fighting with everything I've got! Here's what I'll do:
  1. Eating:
  • Breakfast: coffee and one slice of toast (made from that plastic prepackaged bread that won't get moldy ever!).
  • Lunch: what my wife packs me, let's say around 1000-1500kcal.
  • End of story. No snacks (with the exception of baby carrots as they fill up the stomach and literally contain no significant calories: 30kcal/85g), no nuts, no nothing.
  • Once a week one cheat is allowed: one thing I wouldn't eat otherwise: ice cream, a slice of cake, a piece of chocolate but not a huge meal, one tiny little something to ease the craving.
  • One beer is allowed per day, preferably light (brrr) beer (varies between 55-200kcal).
  • Vitamins to make up for the lack of proper nutrition.
  1. Working out:
  • I'll switch my routine as follows:
Every week day: 40 minutes on the elliptic trainer (about 4 miles and 650-700kcal according to the machine, let's say it's around 400kcal); followed by a 30 minutes long weight training chest, arms, back, shoulders and legs (another 1000kcal). One routine per occasion. At the end of each a short abs set.
I'm starting from 235lbs today. Let's see how it goes. I want to reach at least the weight I had when we moved here, somewhere between 200-210lbs. Since I don't think I can take it for long, it has to take an effect in the next couple of months, otherwise I'll give up and give in ;-(

I used to fit in size 33 jeans and now size 34 is getting tight for f*ck's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment