Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm getting pissed off at my mobile phone

Droid 2 Global is a great phone. Or it could be. I still love it, but it has two really annoying 'features':
  1. Battery life. If I use my phone I need to hook it up to charge around 2-3pm. It is really annoying. During our weekend I had to switch everything off (GPS, sync, display to the darkest setting etc.) so it could last from the morning till the evening. And all I did was using Google Maps a couple of times, no calls just walking around in Manhattan. 
  2. Black screen while there's an incoming call. Fortunately it doesn't happen all the time, but it did happen 2-3 times already. And it is annoying very much. Especially if the phone call is important. I googled it, and I'm not the only one with this problem. It is an overall software issue and Motorola and Verizon are lazy to roll out the new Android version to this phone. I doubt if they ever will do so. So a forum entry suggested to use an app that answers the call if you shake your phone. It'll probably work. I already installed it. If you need it go here:
qrcode
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.ysrsoft.shakecall

No comments:

Post a Comment