Monday, July 30, 2012

Yeehaaa

Ever since we moved to the US i wanted to see a rodeo. It's the all American thing I thought, and I was right. Luckily a couple of weeks ago there was a rodeo nearby. California doesn't seem to be the homeland of rodeos. I bet Texas is different :-)

I had the luck to go to Bill Picket Rodeo. It's an all-black invitational rodeo. I bet I could count on my two hands the number of non-black members of the audience! At first it was a bit intimidating, but I had a great time. the MC was great, was talking during the whole show. There was no boredom either. Something always was going on. I like how they involved the people watching as well: kids from 6 to 11 could chase calves and the ones getting the ribbon off their tail win a price.

If you have the chance, don't miss a nearby rodeo, that's my advice.

Some pictures to illustrate:








No comments:

Post a Comment