Sunday, May 20, 2012

Annular Eclipse in Northern California

This evening we watched the annular solar eclipse with my wife. We already saw a total eclipse a bit more than a decade ago back in Hungary in 1999. We feel really lucky to see such phenomenon more than once in a lifetime. We didn't travel to Eureka or up to the Rockies to see the perfect ring of fire, but watched it from our own home. Amazing how bright the Sun can be even though 90% of it was covered by the Moon.

I took some pictures using my IR filter to make a stop motion video of it. Even though Youtube's stabilize function can make magic I should have used a tripod. I might take the time and align the pictures by hand some time and recode the video. It's only 107 pictures, I'd be done in a couple of hours probably...

Until then here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment