Monday, May 2, 2011

You have a Droid, and your juice does not even last till the end of the day?

I might be a major noob, but I thought that the task handler of Android takes care of killing apps, when I'm not using them. Well there's an application that does it better, get it here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.james.SmartTaskManager
You can select applications to kill automatically if you don't use them any more (running as background process). I've selected the following ones:
  • Xfinity Mobile
  • Market
  • Skype mobile (Verizon)
  • Facebook
  • Wiki Encyclopedia
  • Amazon Appstore
  • Winamp
As a result at the end of the day, when I go home, my bar is still green, and not orange or red as before. And I don't have to keep the phone plugged in the whole day. These applications seemed to be OK with being killed after 30 mins of idle time, so my phone is not unstable due to these settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment