Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 4: Sightseeing in San Diego

San Diego is a great city full with mysteries. There's no rush hour, the streets are crazy clean, people are young and friendly and homeless don't nag you for a cigarette. I could really live here. It's like a small American town but blown really big :)

We walked around 11kms today. Had breakfast for $5 at Jack in the Box, then walked thru Little Italy. I had a great double espresso there!! The $1 coffee at the breakfast place was khm not really my taste ;) From there we walked along the shoreline to see USS Midway, an airplane carrier built for WW2 serving till 1992. Finally I could use my AAA membership to get us $2 off per ticket from the admission fee. We spent about 3hrs on board. Life on such a ship is not easy but surely full of adventure. After that we had lunch in a restaurant next to the ship. Shrimp with pasta and peanut butter mousse and a double espresso for dessert.

Man, after this trip I'll spend 2 weeks nonstop on the treadmill to loose all the extra weight I'm gaining :S

After lunch we continued walking along the shore to the marina, and walked back to the hotel through the historic Gaslamp District.

Did I tell you, this city is great? :) The downtown itself is not too big, about 1-1.5hrs walking. Still the city itself is bigger than San Francisco...

Sorry for not posting any pictures, but I'm writing the using my phone and I'm taking pictures with my brand new Canon Rebel T2i.

The plans for tomorrow is not finalised yet. Sea World maybe. Unfortunately it is not warm and sunny enough to lay in the sand at the beach :( I was really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment