Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2: L.A.

Today was my birthday. At the breakfast table I got lots of great gifts, thanks very much! And I also got a blue ribbon saying "Birthday Boy" that I was wearing the whole day.
We started with Hollywood Blvd to check out the walk of fame. Souvenir shops, posing at Schwarzi's star, and lunch at Hooters. The girls were lovely and the burger was excellent. Hooters is a good place ;)
After that we went up to the Hollywood Sign. Unfortunately the weather was gray but we did take some pictures of it. We've tried to go all the way up, but the trail was closed.
On the way back to the beach we drve through Mulholland Drive, and arrived at the pier in Santa Monica. My wife won a white monkey doll on "Whack A Mole" so she was really happy. We had dinner in the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant at the pier and took a couple dozen of pictures of the sunset, and the theme park while it was getting dark.
Back to the hotel to freshen up, and we went to have some drinks for my BD. The Hawaiian place closed right after we finished our first drinks, so we went to the Mexican place across the street. We ordered 60oz margaritas and got drunk, had a great time and laughed a lot.
Now my head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment