Sunday, December 11, 2011

Driving around town

... is driving me nuts!

First of all, and I complained about this before,: speed limit is ridiculously low everywhere. But now, that I'm actually commuting, I kinda understand the reasons: I have never seen so many bad drivers in my whole life!!!

No. 1 annoying fact: traffic lights are controlled but not synchronized. This means that if there's no car in one direction at the intersection that lane will not get green light. Or if somebody arrives then from a lower traffic road, he gets a short green to not to wait for too long. The annoying thing is that such thing as green wave doesn't exist. It would speed up traffic, lower smog and fuel consumption. And would save some brain cells, too :) Officials, please read the linked Wikipedia article, and act!

No. 2 annoying fact: nobody is in front of you, no heavy traffic, speed limit is finally 40 mph, there's one idiot in the left most lane driving at 30 mph. Almost all Indian driver is doing that. Why? I tailgate (have a big black Charger, if I was driving that Prius, would have been scared), no affect, so need to pass from the right (which is legal here). I would give those guys a ticket for obstructing traffic! They should introduce the mandatory slower traffic keep right policy!

No. 3 annoying fact: look around don't trust your mirrors, there's something called blind spot! This applies mainly to Asians. This happened last Friday to me: the left lane ended, but the chick in her white VW Golf GT didn't really realized it. She just kept pushing the gas pedal and I was right next to her. Had to break hard to avoid collision and she didn't even apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment